Matters of Activity
Image Space Material
Biology and technology, mind and material, nature and culture intertwine in a new way. In this context, the interdisciplinary research and development of sustainable practices and structures is a central concern in areas such as architecture and soft robotics, textiles, materials and digital filters, and surgical cutting techniques.
In six projects, more than 40 disciplines systematically investigate design strategies for active materials and structures that adapt to specific requirements and environments. The Cluster focuses on a new role of design, which is emerging in the context of growing diversity and the continuous development of materials and visualization forms in all disciplines.
- Freie Universität Berlin
- Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Berlin
- Max-Planck-Institut für Kolloid- und Grenzflächenforschung
- Stiftung Preußischer Kulturbesitz
- Technische Universität Berlin
- Weißensee Kunsthochschule Berlin